Wednesday 13 September 2017

Why Travel

If this question has ever pondered over your mind or if you have ever wondered why travelers travel, and continue to travel?

In a sense, one who does not travel much may need strong reasons to travel but a frequent traveler has a million reasons lined up already.  Well people like me, the ones passionate about travelling may not need a definite reason to travel. To me experiencing the journey itself is the most prominent reason for me to travel. I love to wander away like I've been bitten by a travel bug.
Such people have a thirst within them to explore that thirst can only be quenched by travelling to places.

Each of us circumstantially tend to lock ourselves up within the boundaries of daily schedules and cling to a structured lifestyle we create for ourselves. We program ourselves to a limited set of abilities, the ones we need to perform our daily tasks and continue to live in a state of monotony. We get accustomed to a robotic lifestyle which eventually turns our lives into a tedious routine. Human mind is such that it needs new things every day and life begins to get boring when boxed up into a routine.

I am not a machine, we cannot continue to function in a similar fashion forever, can we?

Well, travelling is ‘the best way’ to break a routine and set my soul free. It not just awakens my soul but also unleashes the spirit within me, that often snores away into its doom while in a deep slumber of ignorance. Among the numerous genres of travelling, the one kind that lets you explore a destination from a more detailed perspective is cultural travelling. It is one of the safe ways of travelling as well.

“Cultural travelers leave their home as it is and just carry themselves to a location where they don't belong”.

Cultural travelling is apt if you are keen in learning the numerous different ways to life. As you travel, you will be surprised to realize that there is no one path to life and no path is wrong. By exploring diverse cultures, you tend to broaden your thoughts' horizons. It is essential to blend yourself into their lifestyle to experience the culture of a destination. Cultural travelling lets you explore the deeper levels of a culture, unlike mediocre visits that just let you view a mere surface level of a destination. Every culture has numerous things to learn from as food, beliefs, traditions, rituals and lifestyle vary from one culture to another. Celebrating a festival or an auspicious occasion with the locals is the most effective way to explore a culture. You can relish the delicacies of the feast, witness the traditional practices, know the reason and purpose behind rituals and nevertheless cut yourself a piece all the joy, love and festivities of the occasion.

One thing I strongly believe is, “It's never about the destination but all about the journey, the lessons you'd learn through all your journeys". I begin to discover my abilities, my character, my nature, my true self and a lot more things about myself I’ve never imagined before. You will realize that love and humanity are two most precious things on earth that can never be substituted by other materialistic possessions. Try travelling to a place you've never been before, preferably the ones where technology isn't advanced. You could probably choose Great Himalayas or Africa or even the islands of Lakshadweep or maybe Cambodia. You will be surprised of your capabilities in handling people, places and situations. Most important of all you will realize how strong you are to face your inner fears. 

You will not just face your fears but stare them in the eye instead!

I choose to rejuvenate myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually by travelling. Either hiking or trekking to camp outdoors or relax by a peaceful Sea shore or explore the monumental Heritage of historical wonders.
I keep thinking about travelling to places most of the times. I'd either be planning my next trip or probably researching places on the web to add them to my checklist.

Travelling has taught me numerous things about myself that no books could have ever taught me. I’ve begin to realize that my true-self comes to life only outside my comfort zone. All the missions become extremely easy to accomplish when I operate myself from outside of my comfort zone.

No matter how well one explains in theory, it could be understood intellectually but the void of experience will always remain. Certain things can only be taught by experience and one among them is travelling.

So plan a trip, book your tickets, pack your bags, get down there, live your moments and just experience life.

Play safe though, Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment